Read or Download Cooling System Selection PDF
Similar electric books
The U. S. fresh Water Act demands the minimization of "adverse environmental effect" at cooling water consumption structures. To facilitate an alternate of data between all stakeholders within the factor, the electrical energy study Institute organised a countrywide symposium in 2001 to debate the which means of difficult environmental influence and strategies for its review.
This by-product quantity stemming from content material incorporated in our seminal energy Electronics guide takes its chapters with regards to renewables and establishes them on the middle of a brand new quantity devoted to the more and more pivotal and as but under-published intersection of strength Electronics and substitute strength.
The functionality of Photovoltaic (PV) structures: Modelling, dimension and review explores the method life of a PV procedure and the strength output of the procedure over that lifetime. The e-book concentrates at the prediction, size, and evaluation of the functionality of PV structures, permitting the reader to procure a radical realizing of the functionality concerns and development that has been made in optimizing procedure functionality.
- Optical modeling and simulation of thin-film photovoltaic devices
- 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations: Electric Wiring for Domestic Installers
- Handbook of Electric Power Calculations
- Power-Switching Converters
- Power Electronics Applied to Industrial Systems and Transports, Volume 1: Synthetic Methodology to Converters and Components Technology
Additional resources for Cooling System Selection
6. The costs (per 1,000 gallons) to acquire makeup water for the cooling tower, to chemically or otherwise treat this water, and to dispose of the tower overflow and the blowdown needed to maintain an acceptable concentration of dissolved solids. 7. The projected annual operating hours of the chiller and the load profile it is designed to serve. For detailed analyses, the chiller's operating schedule including the utility's seasonal and on-peak time definitions must be taken into account. For less detail analyses, the concept of Equivalent Full Load Hours and Integrated Part Load Value can be used.
Therefore, use this total when comparing the kW/ton for chiller alternatives such as: 1. Air cooled versus water cooled 2. Low vs. high efficiency 3. Gas vs. electric driven (since gas equipment also has electrical requirements). Obviously, gas equipment also has fuel consumption which should be factored into the comparison. So far, we have compared equipment on the design day -- the relatively few hottest and/or most humid days in your area. These are certainly important in determining the electrical demand charges.
There are several available from the Electric Power Research Institute (such as COMTECH and MicroAxcess). Others are available from vendors (Trane) or APOGEE Interactive, Inc. Most programs are building oriented in that they estimate the hour-by-hour cooling loads for the building. Others compare several types of similarly sized chiller using an estimated annual load profile. Select from these areas of interest . . htm System Economics - Critical Parameters Critical parameters for fair comparisons call for a number of input assumptions.